Social Media Audit
Social media: it’s huge, it’s here to stay, and it’s an important tool in your box. To become, and remain, competitive in your niche, you should be taking advantage of the numerous opportunities social media provides to engage your audience and establish brand advocates—that is, to create a conversation and lasting relationship with individuals and companies who will organically help you to deliver your message and grow your business. In addition to increasing brand awareness and driving up sales, a vital presence on several of the major social media platforms provides the secondary benefits of more inbound links and a strong social signal that increase your search engine performance.
But these tools are only as effective as their users. Are you getting all you can out of your company’s Facebook page, Twitter account, and other popular networking sites available to you? If you’re not sure, Consorte Marketing can conduct a thorough social media audit to help determine the best strategy for you.
Our Audit and its Deliverables
Our audit is a key component of the Social Media Optimization process. It examines your current social media strategy on all the platforms you’re utilizing to identify weak points and new opportunities and provide guidance on your future campaigns. Our smart social media audit example questions include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Are you a member of all of the available social networking websites that make sense for both your brand and customer base?
- What is your target user demographic, and what are your current strategies for engaging these users? Are your current methods working well—i.e. are users sharing the content you post? What could be better—and what’s missing entirely?
- Is your social media presence helping your SEO, your conversions, and your bottom line? What would make it even more effective?
- Are you following best practices for each social network you use? For example, on Twitter, are you using #hashtags and tweeting @users?
- Is your social presence well-aligned with your brand identity? If there’s a discrepancy between who you are and what you’re communicating to your users, what needs adjustment?
- What can you learn from the competition’s methods? What’s working for them—and what isn’t?
- How much is social networking costing your company these days in terms of time, energy, and resources? What can you do to help maximize your ROI?
- What else can our team help you to change about your social media campaign to make it more effective?
At the end of this process, we’ll provide you with a detailed report that summarizes the results of this social media audit checklist. You can think of it as a roadmap for optimizing your social media presence, whether you’re planning to manage your campaign internally or work with us to make it happen. Think of this as an important first step: you’re asking the smart, specific questions that will help you to gain a clearer understanding of how well your current methods are working. Once you have that information, it’s up to you to decide how to use it to make your social media strategy successful.