How To Suppress Negative Reviews On Search Engines
What is Online Reputation Management (ORM)?
Monitoring your brand image online and suppressing false and negative information in order to ensure a positive impression on potential and existing customers.
Why is ORM great for your business?
- Monitor what others are saying about your company.
- Suppress and address false and negative reviews on scam boards.
- Promote positive content to build trust in your brand.
- Recover lost income, increase conversion, and increase retention.
Don’t Be a Victim of Negative Online Reviews
Common Scenarios :
- One customer has a bad experience and writes negative reviews online.
- Scam boards publish inaccurate reviews.
- Competitors slam your company’s reputation.
- People go to your website and consider making a purchase .
- They go to Google and look up “yourcompany.com scam” to see if there are any complaints about your company.
- Negative content dominates search results.
- They buy from your competitor or get turned off to shopping online and choose not to purchase anything at all.
Manage your Reputation
- Compile links to negative reviews.
- Keyword research – what is most critical?
- Take baseline measurements.
- Determine measures of success.
Manage your Reputation
- Plan your responses to negative reviews.
- Develop positive content.
- Improve customer service to increase positive feedback about decrease negative comments.
Improve Customer Service
- Happy customers mean more business (referrals and retention).
- Positive reviews of your great service dominate the web.
- It’s easy for bad reviews to crop up, all it takes is one dissatisfied customer.
- Practice customer outreach for positive reviews.
- Monitor complaints & respond in a timely fashion.
- Survey your customers to discover any potential issues.
- Maintain good interaction with customers.
- A company hit their tipping point and became very big, very fast.
- The company website quickly came onto the radar of countless complaint sites.
- At the onset of the reputation management campaign, there was 80% saturation of the first 2 pages of Google with negative content for all keywords related to their brand name.
- They followed the steps above, developed a reputation strategy and executed on a monthly basis.
- After 6 months, negative sentiment was reduced from 80% to an average of 30% of the first 2 pages of Google for all targeted keywords.
- “company.com scam” and other negative keywords disappeared from Google autosuggest, signifying that the campaign was successful.
- Successful reputation campaigns can minimize negative online content.
- A positive reputation will gain the customers’ trust in your brand, products and services.
- There is nothing more valuable than gaining the confidence of your customers in terms of referrals, profit, and stability of your company.